Sunday, April 18, 2010

camp and such

We've enjoyed a week back on base-time flying as usual. Camp was an interesting experience but still good. We stayed a catholic school and spent a week ministering to about 30 kids from southern Australia. As a past FCA camp counsellor, it was cool to see how different a camp can be run but how the same God in the US in the same awesome God here who desires to reach young people. The australian youth were so passionate and ready to just go for it. On the first day they learned about hearing the voice of God and I was completely blown away as 14 yr olds were stepping out in faith and sharing words for us leaders. For one exercise, we all picked a name out of the hat and w/o looking at began to pray and ask for an encouraging word to share with that person. i figured they would be skeptical and freaked out by this idea, b/c i defitely was when my DTS had to try it but I was so encouraged to see them step out in boldness. And later on in the week, God used that same 14 yr old to minister to me and pray for me with some of the stuff i had been struggling with. and it all just strengthened my faith to know that God does choose and desire to use all of us, no matter what the age or ability.



another cool thing from camp was having the chance to hang out with another YWAM base. The peopl in charge of the camp were involved in dance and singing ministries and shared a lot about passions and God putting certain desires in our heart for a reason. I was really encouraged as they shared about the journey God put them on to where they are now, serving God and loving what they do, and where He is calling them as a band. This area of my life-future and passions- has been on my heart a lot lately as i contemplate what God's will for me after this all. and I was able to talk and pray with these girls, and one of them shared with me the story of moses in exodus where God asks him "what is in your hand" and it was a staff and how God told moses to throw the staff down and it turned into a snake etc. And she just felt God was asking me "what tool is in your hand for me to use?"....So I'm still praying about it all-I believe God is def. leading me into some form of minsitry with soccer, but the specifics are yet to be discovered :)...



I may not have a spotlight on my path, but we were never promised that. We were promised a "light unto your path", so I'm praying that I can trust in the little light that He is streaming! And I'm excited as I'm seeing more and more just how much our un-boring our God is. :) what fun would it be if He gave us all direction and insight all at once?

my friend gave an interesting analogy on this-- on our way to camp, we drove along the "great ocean road" which sounthern australia is known for. we could have driven straight to camp in 5 hrs, but instead we took a longer, 10hr route to enjoy God's wonderful creation. and my friend encouraged us that you gotta enjoy the journeys God puts us all on. If we take the short-cuts, we miss out on the beauty of the journey, the experiences God gives us.

So I'm pluggin away! :)
ephesians 2:10-great reminder to us all of God's plan for our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment